Can an exercise provide amusement? Certainly yes. Try aerobics.There are various interesting aerobic exercises like swimming, rowing. bicycling which can prove to be interesting. Aerobics can be a source of entertainment apart from being an exercise. Its flexibility that allows anyone to take up these exercises makes it more appealing. If you are looking for some exercise that combines pleasure and pressure, then aerobics is certainly for you. There are various types in it.You can take the pick according to your taste and preference. Who should not take up aerobics? The article throws light on the different kinds of aerobic exercises and the equipment required for aerobics and much more. Don’t miss it.
This article covers
- What is an aerobic activity?
- Who can participate in aerobics exercise?
- Types of aerobic exercise
- Equipment required for aerobics
- Things to be kept in mind while doing aerobics
- Aerobic exercise program
What is an aerobic activity? It forms an important part in exercising, it is a term opposite to anaerobic exercise, which means devoid of air, and aerobics actually means oxygen.
Aerobics is a continuous activity at moderate rate performed for a specific period. It involves a warm-up and cool-down period for the beginning and at the end.
Aerobics workouts are performed for an extended period and it helps to avoid chronic diseases like heart disease, hypertension, stroke, and diabetes. It lowers blood pressure, builds strong bones, improves muscle strength and flexibility, and reduces depression as well as helps to control weight.
In the process of keeping fit and healthy, activities like jogging, running swimming are preferred activities in today’s time.
Who Can Participate In Aerobics Exercise?
Aerobic fitness exercise can be performed by anyone as long as one has not undergone any major surgery or severe illness, even then the person can do workouts after consulting the doctor. The best part of the aerobic activity is that it can be done in varied manner and levels. One can regulate speed, intensity and duration to suit one’s stamina and requirement. A person new to aerobic fitness program may take some time to adjust to the time duration, for starters, it is recommended to start with ten minutes and then increase the duration accordingly. The speed too should not be too fast for the beginner and he should do it moderately.
The best aerobic exercise examples or types of aerobic exercise involve:
- Cross-country skiing
- Stair climbing
- Aerobic dance and many other activities
All the above activities if done regularly for thirty minutes is good enough to keep you fit and reduce fat.
Equipment Required For Aerobics
The equipment required for aerobic workouts totally depend on the kind of activity that you choose. Most of the devices available today have an inbuilt timer, heart rate calculator, calorie count etc so you don’t need to bother for that. The gadgets itself will do that.
While doing your workout it is very important to feel comfortable, your shoes and clothes should not come in your way while working out. While walking, jogging, biking or hiking it is very important to wear the right kind of sneakers.
Various products are available that are specifically designed to suit your aerobic activity. The main points to remember while you choose the right kind of sneakers are:
- The outsole could be of rubber or carbon rubber
- It should provide traction
- The midsole should be well cushioned to provide the support
- The midsole is generally made of ethylene vinyl acetate (EVA), polyurethane (PU) or a combination of the two.
- The upper part that covers the foot and the tongue should be comfortable and heat absorbent, light and should have air space
- Always wear socks that you will wear while running and then try your shoes
- If you have any foot problems do keep that in mind while buying shoes
While buying your workout gear you need to keep in mind the following:
- Choose the right size in which you are comfortable they should not be too tight or too loose on you.
- The material should absorb sweat
- The cut should be proper and should make you comfortable while working out.
- You should not be allergic to the material
- Choose cotton over any other material as it is most comfortable
- Women should wear sports bra for support
Once you have decided the equipment the next thing you need to do is plan your workout schedule. The best aerobic exercise can be prepared only after you have picked up the right schedule to start with.
Continue to: Aerobic Exercise Program