What is more distinctively “summer” than watermelon, and more delicious than cake? This awesome recipe combines the best of both worlds!
- 1 (2 layer package) white cake mix
- 1-1/3 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- 1 package mixed fruit gelatin powder
- 3 egg whites
- 1 Tbsp oil
Watermelon Icing Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup watermelon juice
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1(3-ounce) package low-fat cream cheese (softened)
- 1(3-ounce) package fat-free cream cheese (softened)
Grease and flour a bundt pan. In a large bowl, combine dry cake mix, cubed watermelon, gelatin powder, egg whites, and oil. Beat until smooth. Pour into a prepared pan and bake at 350 degrees F. for about 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool on a rack and frost with watermelon icing.
For added fun, you can add food coloring to your icing. Split your icing and mix some with red drops and some with green for a distinctively “watermelon” look. Best of all: no seeds!
YIELD: 1 bundt cake.